2009年3月11日星期三

Mixed Feelings about Lanvin Gourmet 22 Faubourg Tote

Generally my bags are pretty simple. I usually opt for a punch of color rather than heavy ornamentation. For that reason, Lanvin bags are more often than not ones that I like, as they generally are in a solid rich color with one focal detail. That’s why I was thrown for a loop withthe Gourmet 22 Faubourg Tote.
What I do love about it is that the name is a reference to the flagship store at 22 rue du Faubourg-Saint Honore in Paris, one of the best streets for designer shopping (and window-shopping) in the world. I also get that it’s a summer bag/a vacation bag so the mix of colors is appropriate.
I guess for me it’s a little much, especially with the obvious text (which reads “Lanvin All Year Round” down the side and “Summer Collection 2009″ at the bottom). It would certainly look nice paired with a casual black dress, but who wants to wear a black dress while on a beach vacation? I think that’s an opportunity to wear fun brightly colored sun dresses and light linens. At least for my taste, a solid bright designer bag is as much color as I can handle - even on vacation.
It is lined though, so it would be good to hold a book, wallet, sunglasses… and whatever else you bring to the beach. And with an inside zip pocket, you can keep some small things separate and more
I’m really trying to find good points here, but I just don’t think this one is destined to find the top of my list.Do you think this bag would make you feel vacation-fabulous (as the woman on the bag is exclaiming)?
http://www.toptopbag.com

没有评论:

发表评论